Museum Registration Assistant for Cataloguing Digital Images
This position will assist the registrars to document, preserve and manage images relating to the museum and its collections. This position offers an opportunity to gain hands-on experience behind the scenes at an accredited museum. It is ideal for anyone exploring a career in the museums, archives or libraries.
Tasks will include:
- organizing born digital images for long-term storage,
- cataloguing born digital images, prints, slides, and visual and audio recordings including arranging materials, assigning numbers and creating new database records,
- entering basic metadata and working on data clean-up projects,
- scanning and editing images, and
- researching and collecting additional information about images.
- freshman or sophomore undergraduate in History, Museum Studies, Anthropology, Art History, or related field
- demonstrated interest in libraries, archives, information sciences or mueseums, such as volunteer experience, employment history, or academic coursework
- attention to detail
- excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- excellent writing, communication, and computer skills
- interest in photography
- experience using software such as Adobe Photoshop
- experience using scanners
- experience with databases, such as Excel, FileMaker Pro
- work study status
Schedule and Wages:
This position is for 10–20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible but must be scheduled between the hours of 8:30–4:30 Monday through Friday. Hourly rate is $8.25.