Museum Registration Digitization and Records Assistant
This position will assist the registrars in day to day tasks to document, preserve and manage information relating to the museum’s collections and history. The assistant will work with physical files, digital records, and databases. This position offers an opportunity to gain hands-on experience behind the scenes at an accredited museum. It is ideal for anyone exploring a career in the museums, archives or libraries.
Tasks will include:
- filing, labelling, and organizing records
- scanning records using document and flatbed scanners, and
- data entry.
- freshman or sophomore undergraduate in History, Museum Studies, Anthropology, Art History, or related field
- demonstrated interest in libraries, archives, information sciences or mueseums, such as volunteer experience, employment history, or academic coursework
- excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- excellent writing, communication, and computer skills
- experience using scanners
- experience with databases, such as Excel, FileMaker Pro
- work study status
Schedule and Wages:
This position is for 12–20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible but must be scheduled between the hours of 8:30–4:30 Monday through Friday. Hourly rate is $8.25.