Registration Assistant for Photography
The Museum Registration Assistant for Photography will assist the Registrars in day-to-day tasks to perform photography and to collect, document, preserve and manage images relating to the museum and its collections. This position offers a unique educational opportunity for undergraduate students to gain hands-on experience working behind-the-scenes in the Registration Section of a museum. It is excellent experience for any one exploring a career related to photography, museum or library and information sciences fields.
Tasks will include:
- scanning images,
- editing images,
- cataloguing digital images, prints, slides, and visual and audio recordings, and
- data entry and filing.
- active UIUC undergraduate student standing
- experience in photography including knowledge with digital cameras, lenses and lighting
- strong interest in photography, studio arts, museums, history, archives, or a related field
- excellent organizational skills
- excellent writing, communication, and computer skills
- experience with databases, such as FileMaker Pro
- experience with Adobe Photoshop
- freshman or sophomore standing
Schedule and Wages:
This position is for 10–20 hours per week position, at the hourly rate of $8.25. Work hours are flexible but must be scheduled between the hours of 8:30–4:30 Monday through Friday.