We get a kick out of our students
- Post Date6/2/2015
- AuthorKim Sheahan
- Reading Time1 minute read
The Spurlock Museum could not run without its student employees. They perform dozens of essential duties in each of our sections. Here are just a few:
- researching artifacts and entering the information in our numerous databases
- caring for objects in storage
- running special events
- creating mounts for objects going on display
- preparing for and presenting educational programs
- photographing artifacts.
Many of our students start with us as freshmen and sophomores and stay through the end of their undergraduate studies. As they grow in knowledge and skills, they become the trainers for newly hired colleagues. By the time they graduate, these students have significant experience to report to potential employers.
We wish the very best of luck to our 2015 graduates! Please keep in touch. You will be missed.