This module is based on the Spurlock Museum temporary exhibit "The Transforming Arts of Papua New Guinea" (9/1/09-1/31/10).
Find out more about the contemporary artists of Papua New Guinea and see images of their work.
Learn more about the parts of the country where the artifacts in the exhibit were collected by viewing photo galleries and YouTube videos.
Hear folktales from West Sepik, Manam Island, and the Central Province.
- Professor Janet Keller, Exhibit Curator
- Spurlock Museum Information Technology Section, Jack Thomas, Director
- All those who contributed photographs for the Lifeways and Landscapes section
- Assistant Director of Education, Kim Sheahan, storyteller
- The visual artists of Papua New Guinea, whose images inspired all our work