The Spurlock Museum offers the following public areas and facilities:
- Five feature galleries covering Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Oceania, Europe, The Americas, and The Ancient Mediterranean.
- The Campbell Gallery, featuring exhibits that change twice a year.
- The 215-seat A.R. (Buck) Knight Auditorium, site of lectures by local and visiting scholars as well as film screenings and performances by musicians, dancers, actors, storytellers, and choral groups.
- The The Dene W. and Marie C. Zahn Learning Center is a multipurpose space designed to support independent learning as well as program activities. Resources include computers with online access and a small specialized library for browsing. Visitors of all ages enjoy engaged learning through access to teaching artifacts, computer interactives, games, crafts, and more. Public hours vary.
- The World Heritage Museum Guild Educational Resource Center, the source of a wide assortment of educational materials for instructors.