Posted: July 21, 2015
Often called MAC, the Consortium invites you to visit all their locations and take selfies for a "MAC 'n' Cheese" experience between now and October 31, 2015. If you visit and post selfies from all 11 sites, you may even qualify for small gift for your participation!
How to Participate
Here’s what you need to do to participate:
- When entering a participating museum, ask for program information and guidelines. You’ll receive a newly printed Consortium brochure describing each museum and listing its hours and address.
- As you tour the museum, look for signs designating suggested selfie locations.
- Try these suggestions or pick your own easily recognizable locations around the museum.
- Pose, take the picture, and post. Don’t forget to say cheese!
Posting to Facebook
Follow these tips when posting to Facebook to make sure your posted selfies qualify for the event:
- Use the hashtag #MACnCheese2015
- Be sure to tag the photo with a location so that’s it connected to the museum you’re visiting (look for the teardrop location icon if you’re having trouble).
- Make sure your selfies have a privacy setting of public.
Consortium Member Institutions
The Spurlock Museum is a charter member of the Museums at the Crossroads Consortium.
Here are the other 10 locations participating in this event:
- Anita Purves Nature Center, Urbana
- Champaign County Historical Museum, Champaign
- Chanute Air Museum, Rantoul
- Krannert Art Museum, Champaign
- Museum of the Grand Prairie, Mahomet
- Orpheum Children’s Science Museum, Champaign
- Parkland Art Gallery, Champaign
- Pollinatarium, Urbana
- Sousa Archives and Center for American Museum, Champaign
- Spurlock Museum, Urbana
- Staerkel Planetarium, Champaign
For more information on the individual museums or MAC itself, visit the Museums at the Crossroads (external link).