Contemporary Conversations: The Role of University Museums
- Event Date: Thursday, April 4, 2019
- Time: 5:30 pm–7:00 pm
- Location: Knight Auditorium, Spurlock Museum, 600 S. Gregory St., Urbana, IL
- Cost: Free Admission
Spurlock Museum Knight Auditorium, Thursday, April 4, 5:30–7:00 pm
Are you interested in learning more about the role of our University museums? Join campus museum leaders in an informal conversation as they examine current museum topics and trends, and discuss the role of the university museum on campus and in the community.
The Contempoary Conversations series instigates conversations about contemporary cultural issues, themes, and ideas relevant to the University of Illinois and the C-U community.
- Elizabeth Sutton, Ph.D., Director, Spurlock Museum
- Jon Seydl, Ph.D., Director, Krannert Art Museum
- Scott Schwartz, Director and Archivist for Music & Fine Arts, Sousa Archives & Center for American Music
- Susan Frankenberg, Ph.D., Program Coordinator, Museum Studies
- Kristen Allen, Coordinator, Illinois Distributed Museum