Research Live! Finalist Showcase
- Event Date: Thursday, April 6, 2023
- Time: 4:00 pm–6:00 pm (CDT)
- Location: Knight Auditorium, Spurlock Museum, 600 S. Gregory St., Urbana, IL
NOTE: This event is presented in person at Spurlock Museum but is also available as a livestream for guests who prefer to attend remotely.
Meet the 2023 Finalists!
- Nicole M. DelMastro-Jeffery (Education Policy Organization and Leadership)
- Nina Frye (Education Policy Organization and Leadership)
- Erick Hernandez Alvarez (Materials Science and Engineering)
- Yash Laxman Kamble (Chemical Engineering)
- Breanna Metras (Nutritional Sciences)
- Joe Mirabelli (Educational Psychology)
- William Nguyen (Veterinary Medical Science - Comparative Biosciences)
- Charles Nudelman (Speech and Hearing Science)
- Ricky Price (Special Education)
- Taiylor Rayford (Educational Psychology)
- Abdulgafar Sulaiman (Civil Engineering)
- Yaman Yu (Information Science)
2023 Award Lineup
The final round judging panel will be comprised of a group of University High School juniors and seniors. They will determine the winners for the following five prizes that will be announced at the Finalist Showcase:
- The Grand Prize ($500) will be awarded to the finalist whose presentation excelled in all five criteria of organization, purpose, content, delivery, and visuals.
- The Design Award ($200) is all about the slide, given to the finalist who enhanced their talk the most through imagery, photographs, diagrams, illustrations, graphs, or other visuals.
- The Impact Award ($200) recognizes the finalist whose presentation highlights how their research is making or aimed at making substantial positive change in the world.
- The Storyteller Award ($200) is granted to the finalist whose performance style and delivery stole the show.
- The Visionary Award ($200) recognizes the finalist who is breaking new ground in their work whether through a unique approach, creative problem-solving, or charting a new direction in their field.
Immediately following the viewing of all finalist videos, members of the audience will get to vote for the winner of the People's Choice Award ($200). Those watching online through the livestream will be able to vote!2022 Research Live! Showcase (YouTube)
Add Event to CalendarAdd to Calendar