World AIDS Day
- Event Date: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Time: 6:00 pm–9:15 pm (CST)
- Location: Hundley Central Core Gallery, Spurlock Museum, 600 S. Gregory St., Urbana, IL
FREE EVENT! Open to the PUBLIC! *Refreshments and snacks will be provided
Please join us at Spurlock Museum for a candlelight vigil, education, and a variety show!
- 6:00–6:20 pm candlelight vigil to raise awareness of the disease and honor those who have passed away because of it. *candles will be provided *please stay in grass
- 6:30–6:45 pm Julie Pryde will be talking about HIV/AIDS from a health prospective
- 6:45–7:00 pm Jerry Carden will be talking about the history of GCAP
- 7:00–7:15 pm Amasong *GLAMA-winning lesbian/feminist choir
- 7:15–7:30 pm ROYAL DESTRUCTION *dance/drill team in Urbana Illinois located in Lincoln square mall
- 7:30–7:45 pm CEDUXION *legendary drag performer who is mother of the Carrington's
- 7:45–9:00 pm DAVE and LISA *amazing local band that will have you singing and dancing along...
- 9:00 pm BERRY STEVENSON will say a few words
For further information on this event, contact the Museum Information Desk at email@example.com (email link) or (217) 333-2360
All participants are welcome. To request disability-related accommodations for this event, please contact Brian Cudiamat at firstname.lastname@example.org (email link) or (217) 244-5586.