Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Through the caring for and sharing of cultural collections, the Spurlock Museum creates space for people to learn, collaborate, and build connections. By providing opportunities for engaging experiences, we foster compassion and empathy, amplify community voices, and inspire further exploration.
We aim to be an active and vibrant university and community center that enriches and enlightens.
- Take a visitor-centric approach, anticipating and responding to the needs and interests of audiences from diverse backgrounds.
- Create, develop, and provide universally accessible resources.
- Craft programming and exhibits that foster empathy and promote positive and effective interactions with diverse cultures.
- Encourage learning.
- Promote research.
- Responsibly steward our cultural heritage and endowments through a commitment to best practices and professional development.
- Collaboratively engage with underserved populations, source communities, and campus and local audiences.
- Innovate and experiment to solve challenges, stimulate conversations, and promote change.