All of these protocols are subject to modification due to the constantly evolving COVID-19 pandemic situation. The Spurlock will be following all updated University of Illinois protocols, and monitoring Illinois and CDC guidance.
Face covering restrictions have been eased, with the following clarifications:
- Some Museum events may still require face coverings as dictated in contracts. Please check the event description listed with the event for more details.
- In other cases, face coverings are not required, but individuals are always welcome to wear a face covering to protect themselves.
New Visit Procedures
We've changed some policies and added new ones to help keep you and our staff safe:
The following information will apply once the Museum reopens in the future:
- No advanced reservations are required for groups of 9 or fewer at this time.
- If you plan to visit in a group of 10 or more, we encourage you to book your visit in advance.
- We require that you follow other state and University Covid-19 guidelines (external link).
- With the easing of restrictions, some of our events are now offered at Spurlock, but others are being offered online. See individual event listings for specific details.
- Building Service Workers (BSWs) clean the Museum daily. Facilities and Services maintains an updated list of all areas they clean throughout the day.
- Museum staff can help disinfect any surfaces you feel need attention.
Other Safety Procedures
In addition to increased cleaning, we have also made additional changes to help keep you safe.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the Museum.